Fenergo recognizes and respects your right to data transparency and to be able to control your data and how we interact with it. We believe that making you aware of how we use your personal information, including sensitive personal information, as discussed further below, and to whom it is disclosed, will form the basis our trustworthy and valuable relationship. Your data privacy has always been to the fore of how Fenergo interacts with our community and we are compelled to safeguard your privacy rights with respect to any data or information we receive that identifies you or is identifiable to you. For purposes of this notice, we will call such data or information “personal data”. Personal data will always be collected, used, and disclosed by Fenergo in accordance with the requirements and prohibitions of applicable laws or regulations.
GDPR and Consent:
In order for us to be compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we want to be open and honest with what data we capture, what we use it for, how you can interact with that data and also how you can control that data. In order for us to communicate with you, we require your consent or “opt in”. We have set up a personalised Preference Center where you can control what you receive based on topic, stream and thought leadership.
Data Protection Officer – Contact Details
Title: Fenergo Data Protection Officer
Phone: + 353 901 3776
Email: [email protected]
What kind of personal information does Fenergo collect online?
In the course of our business, Fenergo may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- From applications or other forms we receive from you;
- From our internet websites;
- From public sources such as vendors who may provide personal data;
- From events that we either attend or host ourselves (digital or on-the-ground).
How does Fenergo safeguard the personal data we collect?
Fenergo maintains electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or intrusion. Fenergo limits access to the personal data only to those employees, contractors and agents who need such access in connection with providing products or services to you, to clients with whom you have a relationship, or for other legitimate business purposes. Some of these measures may include encryption, physical access security, user access security measures or other technologies and tools which Fenergo believes may enhance the security of its systems and facilities. However, Fenergo has no responsibility or liability for the security of information you provide to Fenergo transmitted via the Internet. Fenergo employees and contractors receive annual training regarding Fenergo’s privacy and information security policies and procedures. Fenergo understands that protecting consumer privacy is an integral part of protecting our relationship with our clients.
How does Fenergo use the personal data collected?
• Fenergo uses the data we collect to assist us in providing products or services to you, to our clients, to provide you with information about those products or for other legitimate business purposes;
• Fenergo does not seek to determine your identity when you simply browse our site, however, if you provide Fenergo with your contact information, such as by completing an online form or providing information in a job application, Fenergo will know your identity;
• Fenergo may disclose your personal data if regulatory obligations require Fenergo to do so, if Fenergo determines such disclosure is legally advisable or necessary in order to protect Fenergo’ rights, the rights of others, or in order to prevent harm;
• We will only retain your data for as long as is necessary and in accordance with applicable law. We set out our retention periods within our company policies. In Fenergo’s case, we deem 48 months an acceptable amount of time to keep your consent and after such time will reseek your permission to communicate with you.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Fenergo collects, uses, stores and otherwise processes personal data where necessary to provide a service which you request, where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, and where necessary pursuant to Fenergo's legitimate interests and where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, Fenergo has a legitimate interest in ensuring the security and integrity of its systems and facilities and in ensuring that relevant information for the conduct of our business is available across the Fenergo group. Fenergo may also process your personal data where you have given consent. For example, when you fill in an online form or request more information about Fenergo products or services, you consent to Fenergo using your personal data as requested. Where Fenergo asks for consent, you are free to withhold or revoke it.
Who has access to the personal information Fenergo collects?
Fenergo limits access to personal information to those employees, contractors, business partners or agents who require such access in connection with providing products or services to you or for other legitimate business purposes.
With whom does Fenergo share the personal information we collect?
Fenergo houses our data in four main industry standard, data housing systems and they are:
These systems allow us to have the utmost confidence that your data is secure and helps us makes sure that we are not sending you communications regarding subjects that you are not involved in.
Fenergo website is not directed at persons under the age of 18. Fenergo does not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal data from persons under the age of 18 on any Fenergo website. If you are under the age of 18 years, please do not register or otherwise provide information to Fenergo.
What are cookies?
• Cookies do many different jobs, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to verify the advertisements and other content you see online are more relevant to you and your interests;
• Some of these cookies are provided by third parties. For example, we use Google analytics cookies to allow us to analyse statistics on the numbers of visitors to our websites and how users interact with different features on the websites. We also use social media cookies to construct visitor interest models and assess user habits. These cookies are also used to show you relevant advertising.
What if I don’t want cookies?
By using Fenergo’s website you agree we can place cookies and other similar technologies on your device as explained above. If you want to remove existing cookies from your device, you can do this using your browser options. If you want to block future cookies being placed on your device, you can change your browser settings to do this. For more information on managing cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies or www.youronlinechoices.com/;
How does Fenergo respond to “Do Not Track” signals?
Current “Do Not Track” initiatives are not recognized by our website.
Fenergo is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other non-Fenergo websites to which Fenergo’ websites may link. If you are asked to provide information on one of these sites, we urge you to carefully review their privacy policies before sharing.
Managing your preferences
You may opt-out of receiving communications about Fenergo products and services visiting our subscription preference centre at any time.
For other valuable consumer information, including information on protecting yourself from identity theft and fraud, visit the following sites:
• United States: www.consumer.gov
• Australia: www.oaic.gov.au
• Canada: www.priv.gc.ca/index e.asp
• Hong Kong: www.pcpd.org.hk/
• Korea: www.pipc.go.kr/
• Europe: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/
• Japan: www.ppc.go.jp/en/
• United Kingdom: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
• Ireland: https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Home/4.htm
What rights do I have with respect to my personal data that Fenergo may have collected?
The laws of certain jurisdictions may afford you the right to access your personal data held by Fenergo and to request correction, amendment, portability or deletion of your personal data held by Fenergo. In addition, where applicable, you may have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and to withdraw consent where consent forms the legal basis for processing. These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling a request would reveal personal data about another person, or if the processing is required by law or another compelling legitimate interest. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority. Fenergo reserves the right, where permitted by law, to verify your identity, to refuse such requests where appropriate, and to charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. In some circumstances, Fenergo processes personal data on behalf of its clients and subject to the control and instructions of its clients. If you believe Fenergo may have personal data about you due to services Fenergo is providing or has provided to an Fenergo client with whom you have a relationship, it may not be possible for Fenergo to respond to your request. In that circumstance, it would be more appropriate for you to direct your request to the Fenergo client with whom you have the relationship.
Requests to Fenergo may be made in writing to the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Online Privacy Notice Updates
This Online Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review this notice periodically. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised notice on the site (please note effective date listed at top). Your use of the site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.