Do you want to be part of a team that is building digital products to enable financial institutions to provide frictionless digital client journeys through straight-through processing, advanced API's and robotic automation, OCR and AI? Do you want to work with leading edge technologies? (e.g. Kubernetes/ Docker / micro services / Open API / Web API/ IaaS / PaaS / Single Page Applications). Can you see the bigger picture? Are you looking for a role where you will make a real difference?
Fenergo is expanding fast and we are continuing to develop the core services and components of our platform. We need an innovative technical architect to join our Platform and Tooling POD in Dublin.
As part of our team, you will define the technology roadmap which delivers on our global business strategy. Our technical architects work together, peer reviewing each other's work while putting a strong emphasis on design for security, performance, scalability, configurability, extensibility, evolvability, deployability and testability.
The Architecture Team works with product owners and business analysts in order to clarify requirements and discuss options. Architects work across multiple development teams, interacting with project managers, UX designers, tech leads, software developers and quality analysts to delivery award winning software. Our architects are hands on and close to the code, they frequently implement or guide POCs to validate their designs and assumptions.
At Fenergo, your ideas will be heard, discussed and acted upon, you will conduct analysis, write proof-of-concept code, design and document your ideas within a team of experienced architects.
- Design and development of core application frameworks using Microsoft, Oracle and various Open Source technologies
- Advise on, co-ordinate and review the design work of multiple parallel Delivery teams, and act as cross-project reference point on design dependencies
- Interaction with the development team throughout the development life cycle, mentoring and leading developers in best practices
- Technical analysis and identification of ASRs (Architecturally Significant Requirements)
- Using qualitative and quantitative techniques to understand a problem, evaluating trade-offs
- Documenting & presenting architecture designs & decisions
- Architecture diagramming & modelling (UML, Archi)
- Improving the quality and efficiency of feature delivery
- Technical leadership input to product development
- Be able to face and discuss technology roadmap with senior stakeholders in Fenergo and with key clients â€“ large Tier 1 banking
- Contributing to technical product documentation
- Contributing to technical pre-sales engagements
Required Skills & Education
- 7-10 years relevant experience required
- Experience building public facing web applications which are secure, performant, highly scalable, and remotely maintainable
- 5+ years ASP.NET, C# ( .NET Framework & Core) and Java
- Experience in React.js / Redux / Webpack is a plus
- Experience in Apache Camel and Drools is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Experience with Camunda BPM is a plus
- Experience with IaaS / PaaS on AWS, Azure, and/or GCP is a plus
- Strong expertise using any Inversion of Control (IoC) Container
- Expertise with distributed architecture technologies such as RESTful services and enterprise messaging
- Design thinking, taking the appropriate quality attributes into consideration
- Skilled using / implementing Design Patterns
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Familiar with Visual Studio 2019 & Azure DevOps
- Database design / programming with MS SQL Server (2017 / 2019) and Oracle (12cR2 / 19c)
- Very strong client facing skills
- BS / MSc Degree / Diploma in Computer science or equivalent experience
Benefits of working for Fenergo
- Opportunity to work with clients and colleagues on a global scale
- Buddy system for all new starters
- Collaborative working environment
- Extensive training programmes, classroom and online, through 'Fenergo University'
- Opportunity to work on a cutting edge Fintech Product, using the latest of tools and technologies
- Defined training and role tracking to allow you see and assess your own career development and progress
- Active sports and social club
- Competitive company benefits, such as flexible working hours, work from home policy, bike to work scheme, private healthcare, pension, sports and social committee, weekly fitness and sports classes and much more