The Tax Regulatory Consultant will work as part of our Product Management Team and will be responsible for analysing regulatory content and assessing the impacts of changes to existing regulations and implications of new regulations.
The Tax Regulatory Consultant will then build on that analysis to define and implement appropriate solutions within the Fenergo Product.
This role requires strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret regulatory documentation and translate into defined business requirements.
- Research and analysis into regulatory topics to support the formulation and specification of Fenergo product requirements
- Produce briefing documents and impact assessments that can be understood by business and technical colleagues
- Work with internal and external business partners/clients define and refine business requirements
- Support the management of scope, scheduling and delivery of regulatory roadmap and releases
- Analysis and refinement of regulatory rules content in Fenergo
- Create detailed functional specification documentation for the Fenergo product in line with company and industry best practices
- Provide on-going support to the product engineering team in the delivery of product functionality
- Support the creation and delivery of the 'Regulatory Update' deliverables to existing clients
- Act as a regulatory SME within the Product team and the company as a whole
- Provide assistance in coordination, research and preparation of in-depth regulatory evaluation/papers and rulesets.
- Regulatory SME providing guidance to allow effective and timely implementation of changes required by regulatory developments.
- Supporting the wider Product Management Team.
- Engagement with the Sales/Pre Sales team supporting new and existing client engagements
- Support training and knowledge transfer to product and professional services colleagues
Experience, Skills & Education
- 7+ years' experience within the banking and/or regulatory compliance areas with a significant focus on tax compliance.
- Demonstrable regulatory/compliance experience with a particular focus on AEOI/CRS and FATCA onboarding, remediation and reporting requirements. Knowledge of 871M is desirable.
- Experience with the Qualified Intermediary (QI) regime and IRS Chapter 3 is required.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with banking regulation
- Ability to identify solutions that satisfy relevant regulations while executing sound business judgement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic rich style
- Software development lifecycle practices advantageous
- 3rd level degree required
- Recognised regulatory qualification advantageous
Other Desirable skills
- The successful candidate must be confident at interacting at a senior client facing level.
- Ability to take ownership for delivering quality, accurate analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel will be a requirement for this role