Are you an experienced Business Data Analyst who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment? Are you naturally curious and a lifelong learner? Do you live and breathe technology, have strong analytical skills and enjoy problem solving?
Career development is incredibly important to us at Fenergo as our success is based on the growth of our people. That is why we are actively seeking the best and the brightest to join us. Further your career with an opportunity that connects you to a strong network, enables you to do your best work and actively supports your career.
- The role requires a strong understanding of financial services business domain and translating this is into a logical model that data architect can use to develop physical database designs, reportage schemas and ETL Jobs.
- Analyse user requirements, and functional requirements to develop a supporting logical model that will feed into the physical data model
- Collaborate with application developers, Product Owners and analysts to develop, maintain, and gain approval of data models of various levels of abstraction describing the data assets and business rules used by the Fenergo's business concepts, business processes, and business applications.
- Apply rigorous data management principles to model Fenergo's data contracts to ensure consistency across conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Work with the Data Architect to develop and employ the standards, procedures, and guidelines used to govern data models
- Document and maintain existing, design new and implement governance for API contexts and Canonical Data model for upstream and downstream integration
- Ensure adherence to organisaTon naming convenTons and standards
- Ensure consistent enterprise view and usage of data assets and communicate data models to various audiences.
Required Experience and Skills
- Industry specific experience with a strong understanding of the financial services business domain
- Proven experience of relational database design, data warehousing, data modelling or similar
- Ability to take business requirements and progress them through data analysis, design & development
- Excellent written, diagramming and verbal skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills
- Work experience in the following technical tools are desirable:
- Logical and physical data modelling tools for Entity Relationship Modelling 3NF such as Erwin, Embarcadero E/R Studio or equivalent
- Data Dictionary knowledge
- Metadata knowledge
- IT qualification ideally combined with a Business Degree
- Microsoft / Oracle Certification an advantage
We don't expect you to have experience in all of these but our current stack includes the following:
- MS SQL Server 2017
- Oracle 12c
- Opportunity to work with clients and colleagues on a global scale
- Collaborative working environment
- Extensive training/induction programmes, classroom and online, through our 'Fenergo University'
- Opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Fintech Product, using the latest of tools and technologies
- Defined training and role tracking to allow you see and assess your own career development and progress
- Active sports and social club
- Competitive company benefits, such as flexible working hours, work from home policy, bike to work scheme, private healthcare, pension, sports and social committee, weekly fitness and sports classes and much more